The Diversity Reading List (DRL), which gathers and organizes philosophical texts written by authors from groups that have typically been underrepresented in philosophy so as to make it easier for others to make use of them, and puts together reading group blueprints on various topics, is currently running a fundraiser with the Marc Sanders Foundation.
The Foundation is offering dollar-matching on all donations of $2000 and less (so if you donate $100, Sanders will donate $100).
- Compensation for editors and managers
- Website development costs
- Ongoing costs, including web hosting and promotion
- Putting on events
- Pursuing research projects
- Creating teaching materials such as Reading Group Blueprints.
The also note the option of institutional memberships:
We encourage universities, societies, journals and other institutions to send professional contributions of any value to the DRL, to be received as professional dues for your institution’s supporting membership in the DRL. To recognise substantial support of $500 or more a year, the DRL will:
• Feature the donating institution on our official supporters list for a year
• Invite the donating institution to list their support for the DRL in any relevant promotional materials, publications or reports.
• Deliver a workshop on the topic of curriculum diversification at the donating institution (subject to staff availability).
You can donate via this page.