Who Is On The New APA Graduate Student Council?
The American Philosophical Association (APA) announced plans last fall to launch a graduate student council that would be responsible for “reporting to the board of officers on issues of interest, concern, and relevance to philosophy graduate students.” The council has 12 seats. Four positions will be filled by graduate students elected by a vote of the student associate members of the APA. The remaining eight have just been appointed by a selection committee:
Serving two-year terms (July 2017 – June 2019) are:
- Joshua Blecher-Cohen (University of Oxford)
- Gretchen Ellefson (Northwestern University)
- Guilherme Sanches de Oliveira (University of Cincinnati)
- Briana Toole (University of Texas at Austin)
Serving one-year terms (July 2017 – June 2018) are:
- Harjeet Parmar (University of Buffalo)
- Miranda Pilipchuk (Villanova University)
- Seth Robertson (University of Oklahoma)
- Aubrey Spivey (Arizona State University)
Nominations are now open for candidates for the elected positions. More details here.