Stewart Duncan, currently associate professor at the University of Florida, and Justin Bruner, currently associate professor at the University of Arizona, will both be moving to the University at Buffalo Department of Philosophy, the former as full professor and the latter as associate professor. Buffalo also made five hires at the assistant professor level.
The new assistant professors are:
- Toby Friend (Metaphysics, Philosophy of Science) currently Research Associate at the University of Bristol
- Regina Hurley (Applied Ontology, Epistemology) currently ABD at Northwestern
- Alexandra Oprea (Political Philosophy, Political Economy, PPE) currently Assistant Professor at UNC Chapel Hill (in Political Science)
- Alexander Schaefer (Social and Political Philosophy; Decision Theory, PPE) currently NYU Research Fellow
- Daniel Stephens (Chinese and Comparative, Moral Philosophy) currently Assistant Professor at Duke Kunshun University.
Buffalo Philosophy Department Chair Neil Williams writes that the hires are part of the department’s efforts to reinforce their strengths in philosophy, politics, and economics (PPE) and applied ontology.