Philosophers Among New American Academy of Arts & Sciences Fellows
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences has announced the its newly elected members, and there are several philosophers among them.
- Linda Martín Alcoff (The City University of New York)
- Henry E. Allison (University of California, San Diego)
- John Campbell (University of California, Berkeley)
- Derrick Darby (Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey)
- Catherine Z. Elgin (Harvard Graduate School of Education)
- Susanna Siegel (Harvard University)
- James Van Cleve (University of Southern California)
The American Academy of Arts & Sciences describes itself as “both an honorary society that recognizes and celebrates the excellence of its members and an independent research center convening leaders from across disciplines, professions, and perspectives to address significant challenges.”
You can see a list of all the new fellows here. All of the Academy’s philosophy fellows are listed here.
View all comments