A few Daily Nous readers have reported that occasionally when they view the site the comments on posts are not loading.
Instead of seeing the comments, they see something like:
The culprit could be your computer browser’s ad blocker.
Even if you aren’t having trouble viewing the comments, please adjust your computer’s browser settings to allow for the visibility of the ads at Daily Nous. The advertisers here share information about books, journals, events, opportunities, resources, and tools for philosophers. Your being able to see those ads, and your occasional clicking on them to learn more, is crucial for the continued existence of Daily Nous. Thanks.
If you know how to “whitelist” a site in the browser you use, please do so for Daily Nous.
If you are using Chrome, you can follow these instructions:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to the main page of Daily Nous.
- To the left of the web address, click the info symbol (an “i” in a circle) or lock symbol.
- Click “site settings”
- Scroll down to “Ads.” To the right of ‘Ads’, click the Arrow(s).
- Choose “Allow” or “Always allow on this site”.
- Reload Daily Nous.
Thanks to Dale Miller for sharing this tip.