The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
If you notice any book reviews we’ve missed, please send them in for inclusion in the next edition.
- Thomas More by Gerard B. Wegemer.
- Interpretations of Probability by Alan Hájek.
- Belief by Eric Schwitzgebel.
- 18th Century French Aesthetics by Jennifer Tsien and Jacques Morizot.
- Retrocausality in Quantum Mechanics by Simon Friederich and Peter W. Evans.
- Putting Properties First: A Platonic Metaphysics for Natural Modality by Matthew Tugby is reviewed by Gonzalo Rodriguez-Pereyra.
- Kommentare zu Aristoteles, ›De Partibus Animalium‹: Redaktionen zu Michael von Ephesos. Kritische Edition und Einleitung by Anonymous (Codex Hieros. S.S.108) and Georgios Pachymeres, and edited by Eleni Pappa is reviewed by Denis Walter.
Open-Access Book Reviews in Academic Philosophy Journals ∅
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- The Visionaries: Arendt, Beauvoir, Rand, Weil and the Salvation of Philosophy by Wolfram Eilenberger, translated by Shaun Whiteside is reviewed by Skye C. Cleary at The Times Literary Supplement.
- The Need For Roots by Simone Weil, translated by Ros Schwartz is reviewed by Madoc Cairns at The Times Literary Supplement.
Compiled by Michael Glawson
BONUS: Rejecting empiricism