The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Divine Simplicity by William F. Vallicella.
- Treating Persons as Means by Samuel Kerstein.
- Representational Theories of Consciousness by William Lycan.
- Privacy by Beate Roessler and Judith DeCew.
- Aristotle on Non-contradiction by Paula Gottlieb.
- The Language of Thought Hypothesis by Michael Rescorla.
- Metaphysics in Chinese Philosophy by Franklin Perkins.
- Names by Sam Cumming.
- Fundamentality by Tuomas E. Tahko.
- Noam Chomsky by Casey A. Enos.
- One True Logic: A Monist Manifesto by Owen Griffiths and A. C. Pasneau is reviewed by Erik Stei.
- On Karl Marx’s Slogan “From Each According to their Ability, To Each According to their Need” by Sam Badger.
- Philosophy as a Way of Life by Christine Darr.
Open-Access Book Reviews in Academic Philosophy Journals
- Ideas and Idealism in Philosophy. New Studies in the History and Historiography of Philosophy, ed. J. Simoniti and G. Kroupa is reviewed by Sarah Tropper at History of Philosophy & Logical Analysis.
- Hermann Lotze’s Influence on Twentieth Century Philosophy by Nikolay Milkov is reviewed by Karen Green at History of Philosophy & Logical Analysis.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- I’ve Been Thinking by Daniel Dennett is reviewed by Nigel Warburton at Times Literary Supplement.
- The Genius of Their Age: Ibn Sina, Biruni, and the Lost Enlightenment by S. Frederick Starr is reviewed by Maxwell Carter at The Wall Street Journal.
Compiled by Michael Glawson