The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Mental Disorder (Illness) by Jennifer Radden.
- Transmission of Justification and Warrant by Luca Moretti and Tommaso Piazza.
- Causation and Manipulability by James Woodward.
- Sex and Sexuality by Raja Halwani.
- Metaphysics by Peter van Inwagen, Meghan Sullivan, and Sara Bernstein.
- Peter Frederick Strawson by Paul Snowdon and Anil Gomes.
- Quantum Entanglement and Information by Jeffrey Bub.
- Moral Particularism and Moral Generalism by Michael Ridge and Sean McKeever.
- Antoine Le Grand by Patricia Easton.
Open-Access Book Reviews in Academic Philosophy Journals
- The Deep History of Ourselves by Joseph LeDoux is reviewed by Jorge Morales in Philosophical Psychology.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- Living Toward Virtue: Practical Ethics in the Spirit of Socrates by Paul Woodruff is reviewed by Howard J. Curzer at The Los Angeles Review of Books.
- Parfit: A Philosopher and His Mission to Save Morality by David Edmonds is reviewed by Sarah Richmond at The Times Literary Supplement, and by Oliver Traldi at The Washington Post.
- A Terribly Serious Adventure: Philosophy and War at Oxford by Nikhil Krishnan is reviewed by Thomas Nagel at The New Statesman.
- How Not to Kill Yourself by Clancy Martin is reviewed by David Ulin at The Atlantic.
- Nietzsche in Italy by Guy d Pourtalès, edited by Paul Stone, is reviewed by Benjamin Shull at The Wall Street Journal.
- Alasdair MacIntyre: An Intellectual Biography by Emile Perreay-Saussine, translated by Nathan Pinkoski, and What Can We Hope For?: Essays on Politics by Richard Rorty, edited by W.P. Malecki and Chris Voparil are reviewed by George Scialabba at The Nation.
- Arguing for a Better World: How Philosophy Can Help Us Fight for Social Justice by Adrianna Shahvisi is reviewed by Patrick Roberts at New City Lit.
- Night Vision: Seeing Ourselves Through Dark Moods by Mariana Alessandri is reviewed by Andrew Stark at The Wall Street Journal.
Compiled by Michael Glawson
BONUS: Homunculi all the way down.