The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Atonement by Josh Thurow.
- Legalism in Chinese Philosophy by Yuri Pines.
- Teleological Arguments for God’s Existence by Del Ratzsch and Jeffrey Koperski.
- Underdetermination of Scientific Theory by Kyle Stanford.
- Functionalism by Janet Levin.
- Proust’s In Search of Lost Time: Philosophical Perspectives by Katherine Elkins (ed.) is reviewed by Tom Stern.
- Norms and Necessity by Amie L. Thomasson is reviewed by Marc A. Moffett.
- Representation of Language: Philosophical Issues in a Chomskyan Linguistics is reviewed by John Collins.
Open-Access Book Reviews in Academic Philosophy Journals
- Duty to Self: Moral, Political, and Legal Self-Relation by Paul Schofield is reviewed by Daniel Muñoz in Ethics.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- Parfit: A Philosopher and his Mission to Save Morality by David Edmonds is reviewed by Carl Rollyson at The New York Sun and by Jane O’Grady at Literary Review.
- Mind in Nature: John Dewey, Cognitive Science, and a Naturalistic Philosophy for Living by Mark Johnson and Jay Schulkin is reviewed by John Kaag at The American Scholar.
- Free and Equal: What Would a Fair Society Look Like? by Daniel Chandler is reviewed by Alan Ryan at Literary Review.
- How to Think Like a Philosopher: Essential Principles for Clearer Thinking by Julian Baggini is reviewed by Alexander Raubo at Literary Review.
- Living for Pleasure: An Epicurean Guide to Life by Emily A. Austin is reviewed by Carlos Fraenkel at Literary Review.
Compiled by Michael Glawson