The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
and a reminder about the new “Open-Access Book Reviews in Academic Philosophy Journals” section.
- Solidarity in Social and Political Philosophy by Andrea Sangiovanni and Juri Viehoff.
- History of African Philosophy by Jonathan O. Chimakonam.
- The Logic of Number by Neil Tennant is reviewed by Will Stafford.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- Alasdair McIntyre: An Intellectual Biography by Émile Perreau-Saussine is reviewed by Jennifer Frey in The Hedgehog Review.
- Metaphysical Animals: How Four Women Brought Philosophy Back to Life by Clare Mac Cumhail and Racheal Wiseman is reviewed by Rachel Handley at The Times Literary Supplement.
- A Terribly Serious Adventure: Philosophy and War at Oxford 1900-60 by Nikhil Krishnan is reviewed by Jane O’Grady at The Times Literary Supplement.
- Professor of Apocalypse: The Many Lives of Jacob Taubes by Jerry Z. Muller is reviewed by Susan Neiman at The New York Review of Books.
- The Last Writings of Thomas S. Kuhn: Incommensurability in Science by Bojana Mladenović (ed.) is reviewed by Steven Shapin at The London Review of Books.
Open-Access Book Reviews in Academic Philosophy Journals
This section contains reviews sent in by journal editors (we do not go searching for them). In order to be included in this section, book reviews must be:
- published no earlier than January 2023,
- published in an academic philosophy journal or, if published in a non-philosophy journal, be a review of a book authored by a philosopher,
- submitted by email to [email protected] in the following format: “[Book Title] by [Book Author] is reviewed by [Review Author] in [Journal Title]”, where Journal Title must embed a link to the web page on which the book review appears (not to the journal’s homepage or table of contents).
The Weekly Updates appear on Mondays. Normally, if you send in the links by Friday afternoon they can be included in the coming week’s edition.
Compiled by Michael Glawson