Substack, the online publishing platform, appears to be increasing in popularity among philosophers as a place to blog and share ideas via newsletter.
Yet it can be difficult to find philosophers’ Substacks if you’re not already aware of them, or if they are not especially popular. So I thought it would be useful to create a space to list them. To keep things manageable, let’s limit this post to Substacks by philosophy professors or those with at least some graduate training in philosophy.
Here’s a list of Substacks by philosophers I’m aware of:
- Hinternet by Justin E. H. Smith
- Mostly Aesthetics by Brad Skow
- The Philosophical Economist by Erik Angner
- Good Thoughts by Richard Y. Chappell
- It’s Her Factory by Robin James
- Fake Noûs by Michael Huemer
- Under the Net by Kieran Setiya
- Infinitely More by Joel David Hamkins
- Running Ideas by Nicholas Delon
- Philosophy for the People by Ben Burgis
- Uncommon Wisdom by Jimmy Alfonso Licon
- The Splintered Mind by Eric Schwitzgebel
Please share others in the comments. Thanks!
P.S. Substack is where the service New Work in Philosophy is published.