The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Tiantai Buddhism by Brook Ziporyn.
- Isaac Polqar by Racheli Haliva.
- Alfred North Whitehead by Ronald Desmet and Andrew David Irvine.
- Mathematical Nominalism by James Henry Collin.
- Mechanisms and Consciousness: Integrating Phenomenology with Cognitive Science by Marek Pilropski is reviewed by Dave Ward.
- Bad Beliefs: Why They Happen to Good People by Neil Levy is reviewed by Alex Worsnip.
- Beyond Duty: Kantian Ideals of Respect, Beneficence, and Appreciation by Thomas Hill is reviewed by Jennifer K. Uleman.
- Karl Marx’s Theory of History by Angus Taylor.
- Meaning in Life: What Makes Our Lives Meaningful? By Matthew Pianalto.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- Imagining the End: Mourning and the Ethical Life by Jonathan Lear is reviewed by Daniel Oppenheimer at The Washington Post.
- Life Is Hard: How Philosophy Can Help Us Find Our Way by Kieran Setiya is reviewed by Jennifer Frey at The Wall Street Journal.
BONUS: Problems of induction