Online Philosophy Resources Weekly Update
The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Nāgārjuna Jan Christoph Westerhoff.
- Algebraic Propositional Logic by Ramon Jansana.
- Peirce’s Deductive Logic by Sun-Joo Shin.
- Origen by Mark J. Edwards.
- Johann Gottfried von Herder by Michael Forster.
- Friedrich Daniel Ernst Schleiermacher by Michael Forster.
- Friedrich Nietzsche by R. Lanier Anderson.
- Defaults in Semantics and Pragmatics by Katarzyna M. Jaszczolt.
- Leibniz’s Influence on Kant by Catherine Wilson.
- William Whewell by Laura J. Snyder.
- Simplicity by Alan Baker.
- The Theory of Two Truths in India by Sonam Thakchoe.
- The Non-Existence of the Real World by Jane Westerjoff is reviewed by Sean M. Smith.
- A Variety of Causes by Pauld Noordhof is reviewed by J. Dimitri Gallow.
- Prejudice: A Study in Non-Ideal Epistemology by Endre Begby is reviewed by Robin McKenna.
- Naming and Indexicality by Gregory Bochner is reviewed by Tadeusz Ciecierski.
- Materialism from Hobbes to Locke by Stewart Duncan is reviewed by Nicholas Jolley.
- G.E.M. Anscombe’s “Modern Moral Philosophy” by Daniel Weltman.
- Ursula Le Guin’s “The Ones who Walk Away from Omelas”: Would You Walk Away? By Spencer Case.
- Philosophy of Law: An Overview by Mark Satta.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- The Internet is Not What You Think it Is: A History, a Philosophy, a Warning by Justin E. H. Smith is reviewed by Joshua Judd Porter at Los Angeles Review of Books and by William Davies at The New Statesman.
- Private Notebooks: 1914-1916 by Ludwig Wittgenstein is reviewed by Anil Gomes at The Guardian.
- The Life Inside: A Memoir of Prison, Family and Philosophy by Andy West is reviewed by Fernanda Dahlstrom at the Sydney Review of Books.
Compiled by Michael Glawson
BONUS: Arguments for God but in reverse
View all comments