The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Positive and Negative Liberty, by Ian Carter.
- David Lewis, by Brian Weatherson.
- Assertion, by Peter Pagin and Neri Marsili.
- Cosmology and Theology, by Hans Halvorson and Helge Kragh.
- Neurocognitive Mechanisms: Explaining Biological Cognition by Gualtiero Piccinini is reviewed by Michael Rescorla.
- Pragmatism’s Evolution: Organism and Environment in American Philosophy by Trevor Pearce is reviewed by Daniel Herbert.
- Freedom and Responsibility in Neoplatonist Thought by Ursula Coope is reviewed by John Dillon.
- Reason is the Slave to the Passions: Hume on Reason vs. Desire, by Daniel Weltman.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- Drawing the Line: What to Do with the Work of Immoral Artists from Museums to the Movies, by Erich Hatala Matthes is reviewed by Nandini Pandey at Los Angeles Review of Books, and by Erin L. Thompson at Hyperallergic.
Compiled by Michael Glawson
BONUS: Virtue Ethics