The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Ibn Rushd [Averroes], Fouad Ben Ahmed and Robert Pasnau.
- Embodied Cognition, Lawrence Shapiro and Shannon Spaulding.
- The Epistemology of Modality, Antonella Mallozzi, Anand Vaidya, and Michael Wallner.
- Modern Origins of Modal Logic, Roberta Ballarin.
- Defeasible Reasoning, Robert Koons.
- David Lewis’s Metaphysics, Ned Hall, Brian Rabern, and Wolfgang Schwarz.
- Dewey’s Aesthetics, Tom Leddy and Kalle Puolakka.
- Principia Mathematica, Bernard Linsky and Andrew David Irvine.
- Naturalism in Legal Philosophy, Brian Leiter and Matthew X. Etchemendy.
- The Ethics of Clinical Research, David Wendler.
- The Epistemology of Religion, Peter Forrest.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- The Subversive Simone Weil: A Life in Five Ideas by Robert Zaretsky, reviewed by Toril Moi in the London Review of Books.
- Feline Philosophy: Cats and the Meaning of Life by John Gray, reviewed by Paul D’Ambrosio in the Los Angeles Review of Books.
Compiled by Michael Glawson
BONUS: Specific Virtue