The latest additions to the Heap of Links…
- Is consciousness located in the brain’s electromagnetic field? — the idea of the “conscious electromagnetic information” (cemi) field is a kind of “scientific dualism”
- “The fall into conspiracy theories is an epistemic form of death-by-a-thousand-cuts. The tragedy is that rationality may not guard against it” — Kevin Dorst (Pitt) on the surprising rationality of “belief perserverance”
- Marx, his Africana legacy, and black women Marxists — a conversation between Vanessa Wills (GW) and Peter Adamson (LMU)
- “She writes on causal relations, perception, the nature of time, the mind-body relation, the philosophical import of dreaming, and much else” — Project Vox continues to inform us about the unrecognized and underappreciated women philosophers of the early modern period with a new entry on Lady Mary Shepherd
- The philosophy, linguistics, & psychology of time — Matt Farr, Nicky Clayton, and Kasia Jaszczolt (Cambridge) on the Mind Over Chatter podcast
- “Help your future self by making the present more memorable” — Felipe De Brigard (Duke) and others featured in a NYT piece about memory, imagination, and romanticizing the past
- “Xenobots are turning some conventional views in developmental biology upside down” — learning about organisms and life from ” a new generation of xenobots — ones that took shape on their own, entirely without human guidance or assistance”
Mini-Heap posts usually appear when 7 or so new items accumulate in the Heap of Links, the collection of items from around the web that may be of interest to philosophers. Discussion welcome.
The Heap of Links consists partly of suggestions from readers; if you find something online that you think would be of interest to the philosophical community, please send it in for consideration for the Heap. Thanks!
View all comments