The weekly report on new and revised entries at online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Human Nature, by Neil Roughley.
- Juan Luis Vives [Joannes Ludovicus Vives], by Lorenzo Casini.
- Josiah Royce, by Kelly A. Parker and Scott Pratt.
- Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa von Nettesheim, by Vittoria Perrone Compagni.
- Constructivism in Metaethics, by Carla Bagnoli.
- Karl Popper, by Stephen Thornton.
- Thermodynamic Asymmetry in Time, by Craig Callender.
- Aquinas’ Moral, Political, and Legal Philosophy, by John Finnis.
- Formal Epistemology, by Jonathan Weisberg.
- Political Obligation, by Richard Dagger and David Lefkowitz.
- Varieties of Modality, by Boris Kment.
- Johnny Thakkar reviews Rediscovering Political Friendship: Aristotle’s Theory and Modern Identity, Community, and Equality, by Paul W. Ludwig.
1000-Word Philosophy ∅
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- John Stuart Mill and the Meaning of Life by Elijah Millgram, reviewed by Jonathan Egid at The Times Literary Supplement.
- The Tyranny of Merit: What’s Become of the Common Good? by Michael J. Sandel, reviewed by Paul J. D’Ambrosio at the Los Angeles Review of Books and by Richard King at Sydney Review of Books.
- An Event, Perhaps: A Biography of Jacques Derrida by Peter Salmon, reviewed by John Gray at The New Statesman.
- Overdoing Democracy: Why We Must Put Politics In Its Place by Robert Talisse, reviewed by Richard Eldridge at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
Compiled by Michael Glawson