A report on new and revised entries in online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books.
- Idealism, by Paul Guyer and Rolf-Peter Horstmann.
- Ancient Ethical Theory, by Richard Parry and Harald Thorsrud.
- Biodiversity, by Daniel P. Faith.
- Maimonides, by Kenneth Seeskin.
- Cosmological Argument, by Bruce Reichenbach.
- Aristotle’s Categories, by Paul Studtmann.
- Games, Full Abstraction and Full Completeness, by Felice Cardone.
- Conservation Biology, by Jay Odenbaugh.
- What Else Science Requires of Time, by Bradley Dowden.
- Colin Farrelly reviews Creating Future People: The Ethics of Genetic Enhancement (Routledge), by Jonathan Anomaly.
- Eric Schwitzgebel reviews Combining Minds: How to Think about Composite Subjectivity (Oxford), by Luke Roelofs.
- Free Speech, by Mark Satta.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- The Precipice: Existential Risk and the Future of Humanity by Toby Ord is reviewed by Jim Holt at The New York Review of Books.
- The Murder of Professor Schlick: The Rise and Fall of the Vienna Circle by David Edmonds is reviewed by Daniel Johnson at The Critic and by Caspar Jacobs at Oxonia.
- The Failures of Greek Philosophy: A Historical Essay by Stephen Gaukroger is reviewed by Jane O’Grady at Times Higher Education.
- Philosophy Through Science Fiction, edited by Helen De Cruz, Johan De Smedt, and Eric Schwitzgebel is reviewed by Jane O’Grady at The Telegraph.
Compiled by Michael Glawson
Bonus: French Functionalism