The weekly report on new and revised entries in online philosophy resources and new reviews of philosophy books…
- Decision Theory, by Katie Steele and H. Orri Stefánsson.
- Kant’s View of the Mind and Consciousness of Self, by Andrew Brook and Julian Wuerth.
- Abilities, by John Maier.
- Anthony Collins, by William Uzgalis.
- Philosophy of Liberation, by Eduardo Mendieta.
- Chinese Philosophy and Chinese Medicine, by Lisa Raphals.
- Science and Chinese Philosophy, by Lisa Raphals.
- Locke’s Political Philosophy, by Alex Tuckness.
- Henry More, by John Henry.
- Feminist Perspectives on Sex Markets, by Laurie Shrage.
- School of Names, by Chris Fraser.
- Philosophy, by Thomas Metcalf.
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- An Event, Perhaps: A Biography of Jacques Derrida by Peter Salmon, reviewed by Julian Baggini, at Prospect Magazine.
- W.E.B. Du Bois: The Lost and the Found by Elvira Basevuch, reviewed at 360 Magazine.
- Think Like a Feminist: The Philosophy Behind the Revolution by Carol Hay, reviewed by Jane Haile at the New York Journal of Books.
- Machiavelli: The Art of Teaching People What To Fear, by Patrick Boucheron, and Machiavelli: His Life and Times, by Alexander Lee, reviewed by Tim Parks at The New York Review of Books.
- Think Least of Death and Spinoza: A Life by Steven Nadler, reviewed by Jeffrey Collins at The Wall Street Journal (may be paywalled)
Compiled by Michael Glawson