- What is the definition and value of honesty? What are the behavioral and motivational requirements for being honest or exceptionally so?
- To what extent are people honest? How does this vary by culture?
- What contextual and internal factors encourage honesty and shape its development in individuals, groups, organizations, and institutions?
- What are the consequences of honesty and dishonesty for relationships, groups, organizations, and institutions?
- Under what conditions is dishonesty justified, if any? What factors lead people to be receptive to or offended by honesty?
The grant, awarded by the John Templeton Foundation, is the largest grant ever awarded to the humanities at Wake Forest University. It will support research projects, conferences, seminars, and research competitions in philosophy and science. You can learn more about it here.