The University of Edinburgh will be adding six people to its Philosophy Faculty.
The new hires are:
- Mahrad Almotahari, currently associate professor of philosophy at University of Illinois, Chicago, who specializes in metaphysics and philosophy of language
- Fedor Benevich, currently at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, who specializes in medieval Islamic philosophy
- Mazviita Chirimuuta, currently associate professor of philosophy at the University of Pittsburgh, who specializes in the philosophy of neuroscience and philosophy of perception
- Barry Maguire, currently assistant professor of philosophy at Stanford University, who specializes in ethics and political philosophy
- Berislav Marušić, currently associate professor of philosophy at Brandeis University, who specializes in epistemology, ethics, and philosophy of mind
- Jennifer Marušić, currently associate professor of philosophy at Brandeis University, who specializes in the history of modern philosophy with particular emphasis on Locke and Hume.
These philosophers will take up their new positions at Edinburgh during the summer of 2020.
(via Brittany Ballinger)