Online Philosophy Resources Weekly Update
Here’s the weekly report on new entries in online philosophical resources and new reviews of philosophy books.
- Critical Disability Theory, by Melinda C. Hall (Stetson University).
- Medieval Theories of Singular Terms, by E. Jennifer Ashworth (Waterloo).
- Happiness, by Dan Haybron (St. Louis).
- ‘Abd al-Latif al-Baghdadi, by Cecilia Martini Bonadeo (Padova).
- Intersections Between Pragmatist and Continental Feminism, by Shannon Sullivan (North Carolina-Charlotte) and Erin Tarver (Emory).
- Salomon Maimon, by Peter Thielke (Pomona College) and Yitzhak Y. Melamed (Johns Hopkins).
- Operationalism, by Hasok Chang (Cambridge).
- Simone M. Sepe (Arizona) reviews When All Else Fails: The Ethics of Resistance to State Injustice (Princeton), by Jason Brennan.
- Paul Formosa (Macquarie) reviews The Emergence of Autonomy in Kant’s Moral Philosophy (Cambridge), by Stefano Bacin and Oliver Sensen (eds.).
- Ted Poston (Alabama) reviews Exemplars of Truth (Oxford), by Keith Lehrer.
- Eugene Heath (SUNY-New Paltz) reviews Reclaiming the System: Moral Responsibility, Divided Labour, and the Role of Organizations in Society (Oxford), by Lisa Herzog.
- Alan H. Goldman (William & Mary) reviews Techne Theory: A New Language for Art (Bloomsbury), by Henry Staten.
- Richard Pettigrew (Bristol) reviews Self-Control, Decision Theory, and Rationality: New Essays (Cambridge), by José Luis Bermúdez (ed.).
- Defining Capitalism and Socialism, by Thomas Metcalf (Spring Hill College).
- Arguments for Capitalism and Socialism, by Thomas Metcalf (Spring Hill College).
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- Rolando Pérez reviews Nietzsche and Other Buddhas, by Jason M. Wirth, at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
- Robert L. Kehoe III reviews Walter Kaufmann: Philosopher, Humanist, Heretic – An Intellectual Life, by Stanley Corngold, at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
Compiled by Michael Glawson
View all comments