Online Philosophy Resources Weekly Update
Here’s the weekly report on new entries in online philosophical resources and new reviews of philosophy books.
Below is a list of recent updates, if there have been any, to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (SEP), Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (IEP), Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews (NDPR), 1000-Word Philosophy, and Wireless Philosophy (Wi-Phi). There’s also a section listing recent reviews of philosophy books appearing in popular media.
- Denis Diderot, by Charles T. Wolfe and J.B. Shank (Minnesota).
- Darwin: From Origin of Species to Descent of Man, by Phillip Sloan (Notre Dame).
- Evolutionary Thought Before Darwin, by Phillip Sloan (Notre Dame).
- Biological Individuals, by Robert A. Wilson (Alberta) and Matthew Barker (Concordia).
- Teleological Arguments for God’s Existence, by Del Ratzsch (Calvin College) and Jeffrey Koperski (Saginaw Valley State).
- Cancer, by Anya Plutynski (Washington, St. Louis).
- Experiment in Physics, by Allan Franklin (Colorado) and Slobodan Perovic (Belgrade).
- Cosmology: Methodological Debates in the 1930s and 1940s, by George Gale (Missouri-Kansas City).
- Concepts, by Eric Margolis (British Columbia) and Stephen Laurence (Sheffield).
- The Arrow of Time, by Bradley H. Dowden (California State University-Sacramento).
- Alistair M. C. Isaac (Edinburgh) reviews The Experimental Side of Modeling (Minnesota) by Isabelle F. Peschard and Bas C. Van Fraassen (eds.).
- Jonathan Mitchell (Manchester) reviews Nietzsche on Consciousness and the Embodied Mind (De Gruyter) by Manuel Dries (ed.).
- Samuel Lebens (Haifa) reviews Jewish Philosophy in the Middle Ages: Science, Rationalism, and Religion (Oxford) by T.M. Rudavsky.
- Samantha Brennan (Guelph) reviews Perfect Me: Beauty as an Ethical Ideal (Princeton) by Heather Widdows.
- Stewart Goetz (Ursinus College) reviews Life’s Values: Pleasure, Happiness, Well-Being, and Meaning (Oxford) by Alan H. Goldman.
- Carl B. Sachs (Marymount) reviews The Ethics of Wilfrid Sellars (Routledge) by Jeremy Randel Koons.
- David R. Cerbone (West Virginia) reviews Heidegger on Technology (Routledge) by Aaron James Wendland, Christopher Merwin, and Christos Hadjioannou (eds.)
- The Sleeping Beauty Problem by Daniel Peterson (Morehouse College/South Georgia State College).
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- William Rees reviews What Happened in the 20th Century?: Toward a critique of extremist reason by Peter Sloterdijk, at the Times Literary Supplement.
- Juliana de Albuquerque reviews Rethinking Existentialism by Jonathan Webber, at the Times LIterary Supplement.
Compiled by Michael Glawson
View all comments