Here’s the weekly report on new entries in online philosophical resources and new reviews of philosophy books.
Below is a list of recent updates, if there have been any, to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (SEP), Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (IEP), Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews (NDPR), 1000-Word Philosophy, and Wireless Philosophy (Wi-Phi). There’s also a section listing recent reviews of philosophy books appearing in popular media.
- The Hole Argument, by John D. Norton (Pittsburg).
- Philip the Chancellor, by Colleen McCluskey (St. Louis University).
- Moral Skepticism, by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong (Duke).
- Structured Propositions, by Jeffrey C. King (Rutgers).
- Human Enhancement, by Eric Juengst (University of North Carolina-School of Medicine) and Daniel Moseley (North Carolina).
- Elijah Millgram (Utah) reviews Planning, Time, and Self-Governance: Essays in Practical Rationality (Oxford), by Michael E. Bratman.
- Charity Anderson (Baylor) reviews The Hiddenness of God (Oxford), by Michael C. Rea.
- Jemima Repo (Newcastle) reviews Foucault, Feminism, and Sex Crimes: An Anti-Carceral Analysis (Routledge), by Chloë Taylor.
- Andrew I. Cohen (Georgia State) reviews In Our Best Interest: A Defense of Paternalism (Oxford), by Jason Hanna.
- Joseph Shieber (Lafayette College) reviews Socially Extended Epistemology (Oxford), by Adam Carter, Andy Clark, Jesper Kallestrup, S. Orestis Palermos, and Duncan Pritchard (eds.).
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- Eric Bulson reviews Foucault in California, by Simeon Wade and Olaf Nicolai, and Historie de la Sexualité, by Michel Foucault, in the Times Literary Supplement.
- Matthew Simpson reviews Vices of the Mind, by Quassim Cassam, at the Times Literary Supplement.
- Rachel Fraser reviews Just Words, by Mary Kate McGowan at the Times Literary Supplement.
- Robert Simpson reviews Speak Freely, by Keith E. Whittington at the Times Literary Supplement.
- Johnny Lyons reviews Enlightenment Philosophy in a Nutshell, by Jane O’Grady at the Times Literary Supplement.
Compiled by Michael Glawson