Time passes, the Heap of Links grows, and a new Mini-Heap is born:
- — but a little philosophy of language can explain why that’s not correct, as Jennifer Saul (Sheffield) explains
- — the counterintuitive science of systems
- — Thomas Mulligan (Georgetown), Jo Littler (City University of London), Stephen McNamee (UNC Wilmington), and Christopher Paul (Seattle) discuss it on ABC’s “Future Tense”
- — Natalie Wynn does some philosophy of comedy
- — “UC has been pushing for a so-called read-and-publish deal with the company, which would offset the cost of open access publishing against the cost of access to subscription content”
- — Jonathan Birch (LSE) explains
- — Landon D.C. Elkind (Iowa) finds his inner Socrates
Mini-Heap posts appear when 7 or so new items accumulate in the Heap of Links, the ever-growing collection of items from around the web that may be of interest to philosophers.
The Heap of Links consists partly of suggestions from readers; if you find something online that you think would be of interest to the philosophical community, please send it in for consideration for the Heap. Thanks!