Online Philosophy Resources Weekly Update
Here’s the weekly report of what’s new at some useful online philosophy resources.
We check the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (SEP), Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (IEP), Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews (NDPR), Wi-Phi, and 1000-Word Philosophy for updates weekly and report them right here.
As usual, if you think there are other regularly updated sites we should add to this feature, feel free to suggest them in the comments.
- Plato’s Ethics: An Overview, by Dorothea Frede (Hamburg).
- Pierre Bayle, by Thomas M. Lennon (Western) and Michael Hickson (Trent).
- Philodemus of Gadara, by Sonya Wurster (Melbourne).
- Time, by Bradley Dowden (Cal. State-Sacramento).
- William Desmond (Villanova University/KU Leuven) reviews Hegel’s Elements of the Philosophy of Right: A Critical Guide (Cambridge), by David James (ed.).
- Jan-Willem van der Rijt (Bayreuth) reviews Human Dignity: A Way of Living (Polity), by Peter Bieri.
- Fred Evans (Duquesne) reviews The World on Edge (Indiana), by Edward S. Casey.
- Trent Dougherty (Baylor) reviews The God Relationship: The Ethics for Inquiry about the Divine (Cambridge), by Paul Moser.
- George Lucas (U.S. Naval Academy) reviews The Quantum of Explanation: Whitehead’s Radical Empiricism (Routledge), by Randall E. Auxier and Gary L. Herstein.
- Alexander Jackson (Boise State) reviews What Do Philosophers Do? Skepticism and the Practice of Philosophy (Oxford), by Penelope Maddy.
- John Protevi (Louisiana State) reviews The New Politics of Materialism: History, Philosophy, Science (Routledge), by Sarah Ellenzweig and John H. Zammito (eds.).
- Slippery Slope, by Joseph Wu (Cambridge).
- Modal Epistemology, by Bob Fischer (Texas State).
Compiled by Michael Glawson (University of South Carolina)
View all comments