This is a nice resource, but it can also be overwhelming and lead to a great deal of frustration.
What would be far more useful is a page where actual grant recipients post about their experience working with foundations or other granting agencies, information about what they received their grant for, and some details about the process (e.g., time between application and award). Grant recipients can also put people in touch with foundation staff members who may be able to assist in the process.
Readers, please share your experiences in the comments. If it’s easier, you can just respond to these prompts:
- Grant agency or foundation name; optional: staff member(s) to contact
- What the grant supported
- Workload to get grant (from, say, “relatively light” to “unbelievably onerous”)
- Time from application submission to awarding of grant
- Suggestions for working with this agency or foundation
- Suggestions for the agency or foundation about how to improve their processes
- Further comments
(Note: As per the comments policy, while pseudonymous posting is permitted, no handles may contain the word “anonymous” or “anon.” If not logging in via a social media account, a working and accurate email address is required; email addresses are not publicly displayed.)