Below are last week’s updates and new additions to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (SEP) and Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews. They appear here via special arrangement with Philosophical Percolations, where they were first posted, along with many other goodies, by Jon Cogburn (LSU) in the “Saturday Linkorama.”
SEP Last Week:
- Temporal Logic (Valentin Goranko and Antony Galton) [REVISED: May 20, 2015]
Changes to: Main text, Bibliography
- Giambattista della Porta (Sergius Kodera) [NEW: May 19, 2015]
- Finitism in Geometry (Jean Paul Van Bendegem) [REVISED: May 18, 2015]
Changes to: Main text, Bibliography, supplement.html
- Self-Knowledge (Brie Gertler) [REVISED: May 18, 2015]
Changes to: Main text, Bibliography, notes.html, supplement.html
- Antonio Rosmini (Denis Cleary) [REVISED: May 15, 2015]
Changes to: Bibliography
NPDR Last Week :
- Joy James reviews Lisa Guenther’s Solitary Confinement: Social Death and its Afterlives.
- Martin Thibodeau reviews Joshua Billings’ Genealogy of the Tragic: Greek Tragedy and German Philosophy.
- Leslie MacAvoy reviews Hubert L. Dreyfus’ Skillful Coping: Essays on the Phenomenology of Everyday Perception and Action.
- Saray Ayala reviews Matt Drabek’s Classify and Label: The Unintended Marginalization of Social Groups.
- Shawn Standefer reviews Stewart Shapiro’s Varieties of Logic.
- Hans Pedersen reviews Christophe Bouton’s Time and Freedom.
- Brian G. Henning reviews Nicholas Gaskill and A.J. Nocek’s (eds.) The Lure of Whitehead.