Here’s the weekly report on new entries in online philosophical resources and new reviews of philosophy books.
Below are recent updates to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (SEP), Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (IEP), 1000-Word Philosophy, Wireless Philosophy (Wi-Phi), as well as new book reviews at Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews (NDPR). We are also now including links in these posts to reviews of philosophy books in the popular press. (If you come across one in your own reading please email me the link. Thanks!) It’s a short report this week, owing to no new reviews at NDPR.
- Naturalistic Approaches to Social Construction, by Ron Mallon (Washington-St. Louis).
- Hannah Arendt, by Maurizio Passerin d’Entreves (Cape Town).
- Logical Pluralism, by Gillian Russell (North Carolina).
- Peter Frederick Strawson, by Paul Snowdon, and Anil Gomes (Oxford).
- Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic Value, by Michael J. Zimmerman (North Carolina-Greenville) and Ben Bradley (Syracuse).
- Philosophy of Religion, by Charles Taliaferro (St. Olaf).
Recent Philosophy Book Reviews in Non-Academic Media
- Benjamin Knoll reviews Identity: The Demand for Dignity and The Politics of Resentment, by Francis Fukuyama at The New York Journal of Books.
Compiled by Michael Glawson