Happy Monday, y’all. New thing here: if there are links of philosophical interest you’ve come across recently, you are welcome to share them in the comments to this post (though check out the Heap of Links first to see if it’s not already in there). Alright, then. Without further ado, below are the recent updates to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (SEP), Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (IEP), Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews (NDPR), and Wi-Phi.
- Nicolaus Taurellus, by Andreas Blank.
- Collingwood’s Aesthetics, by Gary Kemp.
- Wilhelm Maximilian Wundt, by Alan Kim.
- Lord Shaftesbury [Anthony Ashley Cooper, 3rd Earl of Shaftesbury], by Michael B. Gill.
- Principle of Sufficient Reason, by Yitzhak Y. Melamed and Martin Lin.
- Feminist Perspectives on Sex Markets, by Laurie Shrage.
- Henry More, by John Henry.
- Metaphor, by David Hills.
- Aesthetics in Continental Philosophy, by Ashley Woodward.
- Epistemology and Relativism, by J. Adam Carter.
- Joseph Mendola reviews Thought in Action: Expertise and the Conscious Mind (Oxford), by Barbara Gail Montero.
- Jenny Bryan reviews Parmenides’ Grand Deduction: A Logical Reconstruction of the Way of Truth (Oxford), by Michael V. Wedin.
- Rev. John J. Conley, S.J. reviews The Cultural Promise of the Aesthetic (Bloomsbury), by Monique Roelofs.
- William Seager reviews Structure and the Metaphysics of Mind: How Hylomorphism Solves the Mind-Body Problem (Oxford), by William Jaworski.
- Bryce Huebner reviews Cognitive Pluralism (MIT), by Steven Horst.
- Max Baker-Hytch reviews Reason and Faith: Themes from Richard Swinburne (Cambridge), by Michael Bergmann and Jeffrey E. Bower (eds.).
- Shirong Luo reviews On Patience: Reclaiming a Foundational Virtue (Lexington), by Matthew Pianalto.
- Neera K. Badhwar reviews On Friendship (Basic), by Alexander Nehamas.
- Megan Gallagher reviews A History of Women’s Political Thought in Europe, 1700-1800 (Cambridge), by Karen Green.
Bonus: The Hardest Logic Puzzle in the World (?)
Compiled by Michael Glawson, University of South Carolina.